You will have the opportunity to work on a 1:1 or group setting with young people with Special Educational needs and support their learning and emotional well-being- this can be a great route into a career in Education Psychology or a SENCo role.
The work will involve 1:1 intervention sessions as well as supporting pupils in class as a Teaching Assistant. Previous experience of working with young people is highly desirable. It will be expected that candidates will have good quality literacy skills and appropriate educational qualifications to be able to meet these high standards.
Must have any below:
- Degree or training in psychology
- Training in Counselling/Trauma
- Special Educational Needs Experience in a care or school setting
- Understanding and experience of supporting/teaching young people with Mental Health issues.
Placements in schools vary from daily supply, short and long-term cover and permanent positions according to your requirements and availability. Pay will depend on experience and the responsibilities of the role and is never less than £60 per day.
Most of our client schools requiring Teaching Assistants require support staff to support their pupils with additional needs such Autism, Physical Disabilities, ADHD, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, Language and Speech, Cerebral Palsy, PDA and attachment disorders.
- Working within school hours: 0830-1530
- Flexible work. (We can offer you work around your other commitments, such child care, study, 2nd Job, hobbies, holidays).
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a great referral fee, as well as the chance to win a year's worth of restaurant vouchers!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in these positions you will need to have:
* Experience of working with children or vulnerable adults
* Be available to work 0830-1530 at least twice a week
* Must have experience working with children or young adults.
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great opportunity or for more information about the role, contact Georgia on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.