Pupil Referral Unit
Pupil Referral Unit
Are you a primary teacher or SEN teacher with experience teaching children with autism, interested in teaching primary aged students with special needs?
We are currently recruiting for a SEN Teacher to join a Pupil Referral Unit in Surrey, the role is full time and will start September 2021 in to the new academic year. The role is teaching an age range of ages 5-16 , planning and teaching scheduled lessons including PE, maths, English and ICT. They are working on a different model where a lesson could be taught a few times a week to a variety of classes in the Primary bubble which saves on planning time.
The school is proud to be an Associate Member of The South East Schools Teaching Alliance (SESTA) is a unique Teaching School. The alliance is formed of six outstanding schools from all phases including pupil referral. The founding SESTA schools offer expertise from Infants to Post 16 and our core aim is to work in partnership to ensure excellence in learning, teaching and leadership. We are delighted to offer services and opportunities within the South East region to help develop our core aims.
The aim for the school is to reduce the numbers of pupils who are Permanently Excluded from school by offering mainstream schools an alternative to exclusion. The school offers a range of interventions so pupils can be supported, either within their mainstream school or at the college.
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience planning and teaching lessons to primary aged students following the National Curriculum.
- Experience with SEN, specifically autism, both verbal and non-verbal and other speech, language and communication needs.
- Experience supporting young people with special educational needs, specifically Social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Benefits of working at the school:
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
- Highly invested in training staff
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Continuous professional and personal development
- The school is in Barking & Dagenham, East London, and has excellent transport links with the District line, Hammersmith and City lines, Overground trains as well as the C2C. The school also has a car park for those teachers that prefer to drive.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Primary Teacher in Surrey or for more information about the role, contact Jade Kierans on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£32157 - £42624 per annum
£37000 - £58000 per annum + TLR 2B
£140 - £200 per day + negotiable
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.