Pupil Support Worker
Pupil Support Worker
Pupil Support Worker for SEMH School in Leicester
Start: ASAP with the view to permanent
Tradewind are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Pupil Support Worker for a special educational needs and mental health (SEMH) school in Leicester. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to students with SEMH needs, helping them to overcome barriers to learning and achieve their full potential.
The role will be full-time, and the Pupil Support Worker will be expected to work closely with the school's teachers, support staff and parents to provide the best possible care for the students.
- Supporting students with SEMH needs in the classroom and during other activities.
- Developing and implementing individual education plans (IEPs) in collaboration with teachers and other staff
- Collaborating with teachers and other staff to provide a safe and inclusive learning environment.
- Providing one-on-one support to students as needed
- Assessing and monitoring student progress
- Encouraging and supporting students to reach their full potential.
- Providing emotional support to students and their families
- Managing challenging behaviour and de-escalating situations as needed
- Attending and contributing to meetings and reviews as required
- Keeping accurate records of student progress and behaviour
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with students with SEMH needs.
- A relevant qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A desire to make a positive impact on the lives of students.
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Strong organisational and time management skills
We offer a competitive pay rate of £80 - £90 per day, and ongoing professional development opportunities. If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students with SEMH needs, please apply today.
Tradewind are renowned for offering top rates of pay, more CPD than any other agency, great referral bonus and termly networking & social events.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Pastoral Support Worker, Leicester or for more information about the role, contact Dominic on 0116 2430299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.