Pupil Referral Unit - School Administrator - September Start til July 2024 - term time only - High Wycombe Buckinghamshire - £85 to £100
Would you like to work in a school network that makes a real difference in the young lives of its students ?
This could be the opportunity that you are looking for as this school is dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of children experiencing significant social, emotional, or behavioural challenges within the realm of mainstream primary education. They offer essential support to these students either through outreach programs or by providing attendance at one of their units.
About the Role
Joining a dynamic administration team spread across three sites, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the office at Woodlands Primary PRU. This role is at the core of organising and managing all administrative and operational processes for the PRU. Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitating communication with parents, schools, and other professionals supporting students.
- Welcoming and assisting students and visitors.
- Maintaining comprehensive student records, including attendance and assessment data.
- Ensuring the secure and appropriate storage of confidential records and data.
- Preparing various documents such as letters, reports, and emails.
- Assisting classroom colleagues in organising offsite activities, including transport, paperwork, and risk assessments.
- Coordinating with suppliers and contractors.
- Collaborating with the senior leadership team to maintain a safe environment for students and staff.
- Handling various office administration tasks, from filing to managing supplies.
This role is diverse, and the chosen candidate will be a go-to resource for all administrative needs, contributing significantly to the effective operation of the PRU.
The PRU aims to appoint someone promptly and offers comprehensive training and support, providing ample opportunities to become an integral part of the team.
The PRU is seeking individuals who:
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Have prior experience working in a bustling small office environment, particularly within a school (knowledge of school-based systems is a plus, as adaptability to the role is essential).
- Can effectively contribute to operational and financial management by adhering to policies and procedures, including expenses, invoices, and petty cash.
- Excel in managing competing priorities and handling last-minute tasks.
- Are capable of supporting the senior leadership team in maintaining compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Are willing to participate in fire warden and first aider responsibilities across multiple sites.
- Can work effectively as part of a team while also exhibiting confidence in independent work.
- Demonstrate flexibility and proactivity.
If you have a can-do attitude, enjoy multitasking, and are passionate about helping students access the best opportunities, please contact Chris at email@example.com or 01727 236 255
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.