School Business Manager
School Business Manager
School Business Manager
Location: Barnet, North-West London
Contract Type: Full Time (37.5hrs)
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: £47,000-£52,000 per annum
Interview Dates: Commencing in the week of 8th and 15th March
Start Date: ASAP
Tradewind Recruitment are currently working with a SEN School in Barnet, North-West London, who are recruiting for a highly motivated School Business Manager to join their dedicated administrative team on a permanent basis and manage the planning, development and delivery of the business management functions within this rapidly expanding school. This role is a full-time role, consisting of 37.5 hours per week and 52 weeks per annum.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a creative, solution focused approach to the role, will thrive in a busy working environment and stay calm and focused under pressure. This role will involve being an active member of the Senior Leadership Team as well as managing the Human Resources, Finance and Premises functions of the school including Health & Safety and maintenance.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience of finance, school budget processes and business administration to provide leadership and management of all aspects of finance, as well as contributing to the strategic direction of the Trust in this newly created role.
The School Business Manager will be expected to keep ahead of funding and legislative changes that apply to the education sector and have management responsibility for effective whole school administration organisational systems, working with a large degree of independence and significant accountability.
The School Business Manager we require will:
- Be educated to degree level in business/management or equivalent, ideally will have a relevant professional qualification in accounting/finance.
- Proven significant experience of business, finance and resources management, ideally within a school.
- Be able to provide senior leadership and strategic direction and operational management for the non-curriculum management functions.
- Have a polite and friendly and flexible approach.
- Be able to build positive, professional relationships.
- Have experience managing finances/budgets competently.
- Have experience and understanding of financial management systems either in a business manager role, or a finance manager role.
- Have a good knowledge of existing finance and management information used by the school would be a distinct advantage.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and organisational abilities.
Some responsibilities of the School Business Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the planning, expenditure, monitoring and evaluation of budgets and is responsible for the effective management of all financial administrative processes ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
- Set, control and monitor budgets and ensure best value for money whilst reporting to the Head Teacher and Governors on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the policies and strategic objectives of the school, put in place by the Head Teacher and Governors, are on track.
- Coordinate the work of various support team members such as the Site and Facilities Manager, the Finance Officer and Administrators as well as develop the members of these teams to deliver and progress in their roles.
- Liaise with contractors and external service suppliers to ensure that Service level Agreements are adhered to and service delivery targets are maintained.
- Ensure that safe working practices, regulatory records, policies etc. are all maintained and updates as necessary.
Located in Barnet, North-West London, the school has great public transport links with access to several popular bus routes, the Northern Line and Thameslink trains.
This is a challenging role, providing an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, multi-skilled Business Manager. If you are a team-player, efficient, organised, an excellent communicator and have proven leadership and management skills we would love to hear from you!
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as School Business Manager in Barnet, North-West London or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.