The Tradewind Team in Cheshire West & Chester are seeking a School Caretaker for a school based in Flintshire to start on an immediate basis for a long term cover role until July 2024.
Are you a reliable and dedicated individual with a passion for creating a safe and welcoming environment in a school setting? Tradewind Recruitment is currently seeking a School Caretaker to join a reputable school in Flintshire, North Wales.
The role is to work split shifts from 7am - 10am to open and set up the school for its working day and to complete safety checks. The afternoon shift will start at 3pm - 6pm to help shut down and close the school ready for the next day. This role is a long term contract until July 2024.
As a School Caretaker, your key responsibilities will include:
Site Maintenance: Undertake general maintenance tasks to ensure the school premises are safe, clean, and well-maintained.
Health and Safety: Monitor and address health and safety issues, conducting regular risk assessments and taking appropriate action as required.
Security: Responsible for the security of the school premises, including opening and closing the site, and responding to alarms or incidents outside regular hours.
Repairs: Carry out minor repairs and liaise with external contractors for larger maintenance issues.
Groundskeeping: Maintain outdoor spaces, ensuring they are presentable and safe for use by students and staff.
Stock Control: Manage and control the use of cleaning materials, tools, and other supplies, ensuring they are stocked and utilized efficiently.
- Previous experience in a caretaking or maintenance role is desirable.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to carry out minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
To be considered for this role, we will need -
- Proof of Right to Work, this could be your Passport or Birth Certificate.
- A CV that covers 10 years of education or employment.
- A fully enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to process one with us. (We will refund the cost of the DBS)
The benefits of registering with Tradewind -
- Your income matters: we will always seek to get you the highest rate of pay and will provide you with the best possible advice
- Your development matters: we offer our people free access to over 2,500 CPD courses, webinars and resources via the incredible National College
- Your flexibility matters: we tailor the working week to you - daily supply, long-term contracts and permanent positions available local to you
- Your wellbeing matters: we put people at the heart of everything we do and are proudly a Sunday Times Top 100 employer for 4 years running
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional service to our candidates and are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
If you are interested in this School Caretaker role in Flintshire, the click 'Apply Now' or get in touch to discuss at Toby.Weston@twrecruitment.com or call 01244 360150.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.