Are you looking for a new Caretaker role? Interested in an active role to keep yourself fit? Looking for a role that is long-term and competitively paid?
Tradewind Recruitment are currently working alongside a good mixed secondary and sixth form in the London borough of Merton who are looking to appoint a Premises Officer from September 2022. The role will be full-time, long-term and will be working alongside the Estates Manager. The pay is competitive.
The successful candidate will ensure the provision of a safe, clean, attractive learning environment, as part of a team undertaking responsibility for the maintenance, security, health, and safety of the academy site (including grounds, buildings, facilities, and equipment), ensuring that they operate efficiently and effectively.
The school is in Sutton, with good public transport and road links. Central London (Clapham, Victoria) is 25 minutes away whereas journeys from Kent and Surrey take just over 30 minutes by car. They have parking onsite with electric charging points.
Main areas of responsibility -
- To be fully engaged in ensuring the academy health and safety
- To carry out servicing, cleaning, and checking of academy vehicles
- To provide site security
- To maintain, decorate and repair the academy premises where appropriate
- To liaise with and support external contractors on site, always ensuring supervision
- Maintain the grounds, keeping the site clear of litter
- Monitor toilets
- To secure the site, securing gates and back gates
- Being vigilant for any health and safety hazards
The candidate will -
- Have basic knowledge of Health and Safety legislations and requirements
- Knowledge of maintenance and security systems
- Understanding of appropriate cleaning methods and standards
- Considerable DIY experience
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to -
- Hold a high-level degree
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks (you can apply through Tradewind and get the cost of the DBS refunded after 20 day of working with us)
- Your CV must cover 10 years of employment
- Legal right to work in the United Kingdom
Tradewind are well-known for offering top rates of pay, more CPD (50 in total) than any other agency, a great referral bonus (up to £100 per person referred - so even if you are not looking, do get in touch with your referrals!) and termly networking and social events.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this position in Merton; or alternatively, for more information please contact Zjantelle Makabali on 02078455450, option 2 / Zjantelle.email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.