School Finance Officer
School Finance Officer
School Finance Officer
Location: Barnet, North-West London
Contract Type: Full Time (26.25hrs)
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary: £26,000-£29,000 per annum
Interview Dates: Commencing in April 2021
Start Date: April 2021
**Must have School-based experience**
Tradewind Recruitment are currently working with a SEN School in Barnet, North-West London, who are recruiting for an experienced School Finance Officer to join their dedicated administrative team on a permanent basis. This role is a full-time role, consisting of 26.25 hours per week and 52 weeks per annum.
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Finance Officer who has the necessary skills and personal qualities to contribute to the strategic vision and leadership of the finance function. You will be expected to provide support and assistance to the School Business Manager to ensure the management and processing of finances is undertaken efficiently and in a timely manner.
This SEN School is a special free school with a Jewish ethos for students aged 4-19. This school is based in Hendon on a brand new, state-of-the-art £13.5 million campus. The school currently has 48 students, with capacity for 72 which they aim to reach over the next three years. The school caters for pupils with a wide range of educational needs, from moderate learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders to more severe and profound learning difficulties, as well as physical disabilities.
The School Finance Officer we require should have:
- Experience of high-volume financial administration in a school (minimum of 1 year)
- Experience operating computerised financial systems
- Experience developing and managing financial systems
- Working knowledge of FMS Financial Management Systems
- Excellent use of IT Packages including Microsoft and Office and Financial Management Systems
- An ability to work with minimal supervision and direction, using your initiative and being proactive.
- A flexible, calm, friendly, approachable and professional manner with a 'can do' approach
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail and good analytical skills.
As a School Finance Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day financial administration including in relation to the school's finance system, invoice processing, month-end, petty cash etc
- Support the tendering and management of school contracts, ensuring that services are high quality and value for money
- Process invoices and corresponding payments against the correct budget, checking for accuracy on receipt of goods and dealing with queries from suppliers
- Oversee the coding of invoices with the correct expenditure code, logging them on the school's financial system and distributing to budget holders for authorisation
- Produce and submit monthly VAT reclaim statements to HMRC
- Manage receipt of Pupil Premium and Sport Grant funding, and any other educational grants
- Prepare payroll information - including contract variations, adjustments, starters/leavers, pension contributions, tax - on a monthly basis
- Liaise with HMRC on school PAYE-related matters including IR35 matters
Located in Barnet, North-West London, the school has great public transport links with access to several popular bus routes, the Northern Line and Thameslink trains. There is also free off-road parking accessible around the school.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
If you are an ambitious and aspiring individual who is looking for a new challenge and expand your current experience in a busy finance function we want to hear from you!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.