School Premises Assistant
School Premises Assistant
Are you looking for a new Site Assistant role? Interested in an active role to keep yourself fit? Looking for a role that is long-term and competitively paid?
Tradewind Recruitment are currently working alongside an 'Outstanding' mixed secondary school and sixth from located in the London borough of Merton who are looking to appoint a site assistant as soon as possible. The role will be full-time, long-term and will be working alongside the Premises Manager. The pay is between £13 - £16 an hour depending on experience.
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Premises Manager where the site assistant will be required to ensure the secure and efficient running of the school site and premises, providing maintenance, cleaning, and site support where necessary.
- Undertake appropriate repairs e.g. redecorating and fixing
- Undertake repairs e.g. carpentry, plumbing, changing light bulbs, unblocking drains. To ensure that the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises is safe and fit for purpose.
- Organise and carry out i9mprovement work
- Under the direction of the Premises Manager, carry out periodic testing of whole school safety systems e.g. fire, emergency lighting and portable appliances.
- In collaboration with the Premises Manager assist in the operation of a preventative planned maintenance programme and routine inspections of the buildings, fixtures, fittings, furniture, premises, and grounds to assess for minor work or repairs required to be carried out to maintain safe and satisfactory conditions
- Lock/unlock school buildings and areas
- Operate and respond to alarm systems where appropriate.
- Identify defects and record any repair and maintenance requirements, keeping the Premises Manager and Business Manager informed
- Collect and assemble waste for removal, including recycling.
- Undertake emergency & specialist cleaning tasks.
- Provide emergency access to the school site.
- Ensure that pathways and all other external hard surface areas are kept clean, free of litter and weeds and that they are gritted or salted when required during wintry conditions.
- Contribute to planning, development, and organisation of systems/procedures/policies
- Create and maintain a safe, purposeful, orderly, and productive working environment.
- Undertake safety audits of the premises including risk assessments as required by the Premises Manager.
- Promote and ensure the health and safety of students, staff, and visitors always.
- Portering duties e.g. deliveries, post, moving furniture and equipment etc.
- Assist in the operation of lettings system, ensuring that site safety is preserved during periods of hire.
- Support the Premises Manager in monitoring and managing stock within an agreed budget,
- cataloguing resources & undertaking audits as required.
- To ensure good housekeeping of site equipment and materials.
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks (you can apply through Tradewind and get the cost of the DBS refunded after 20 day of working with us)
- Your CV must cover 10 years of employment
- Legal right to work in the United Kingdom
Tradewind are well-known for offering top rates of pay, more CPD (50 in total) than any other agency, a great referral bonus (up to £100 per person referred - so even if you are not looking, do get in touch with your referrals!) and termly networking and social events.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this position in Merton; or alternatively, for more information please contact Zjantelle Makabali on 02078455450, option 2 / Zjantelle.email@example.com
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.