School Support & Network Manager
School Support & Network Manager
The prime function of the Support and Network Manager is to ensure that the school's ICT Network and facilities are correctly supported and maintained to improve the quality of ICT provision available to students and staff.
The effective management of ICT technical support staff
· Hardware installation, upgrade and maintenance
· Management of the school's network systems, infrastructure, equipment and software
· User support - to develop efficient procedures that will assist all users
· Management of the school's website
Supervise and support the routine work of technicians and oversee the service provided to staff and students, ensuring that tasks are carried out in a timely manner
· Liaise with teaching staff regarding their requirements, to ensure that appropriate technical support and resources are provided in lessons
· Identify training needs and contribute to appropriate training, to ensure that all team members are effective
· Conduct performance reviews of ICT Technical support staff
· Set up and manage all servers/systems, infrastructure and services, upgrading where necessary.
· Manage Active Directory, group policies and Office 365 environment including SharePoint,
Exchange and Teams.
· Develop school wide media streaming services
- On-board all new users and manage access rights
· Maintain VOIP telephone system
· Maintain internal IT related examinations procedures including management of exam servers, creation of assessment account and group policy, archive/transfer of work and encryption for exam boards.
· To give advice of school requirements, upgrades new technologies and their application
· Assist in the management of developments from specification through procurement, to installation of new resources and facilities
· Assist the Information Systems Manager in ensuring efficient purchasing and procurement practice, ensuring value for money and best value and that financial regulations are met
· Liaise with and monitor the work of external contractors
· Ensure licensing requirements are met and accurate records maintained
· Assist in planning and developing the network structure, cabling and switches
· Oversee the development of the school website
· Ensure that hardware and software is correctly installed and supported
· Assist in the monitoring of long term contracts and leases, ensuring that the school's interests are protected
· Assist in ensuring the accurate maintenance of the ICT asset register
· Research, evaluate, test and install software
· Assist staff in use of all software
· Liaison with external service providers where required
· Ensure that safety hazards are monitored and that health and safety guidelines are adhered to
· Install SIMS and other software upgrades including server side applications where required
· Contribute to the planning and delivery of training
· Assist in ensuring compliance with copyright, GDPR and other licensing requirements
· To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
· The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Headteacher
This is a temporary role to starting this January for 2 terms initially, with the view to go permanent. Salary approx. £25,481 - £28,672pa.
This secondary school was rated Good in its most recent Ofsted and is the highest performing school for progress in Enfield. One of the best schools in the borough, proven by the schools students and outcome year on year. The school is located in the northern Enfield area and has a large school carpark.
To join us and be successful in this Support & Network Manager role you will need to provide the following:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Support & Network Manager in Enfield or for more information about the role, contact Cherie Kelly on 0207 845 5450 / -
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.