Tradewind are currently recruiting for an outstanding Science teacher for a very popular school in south Liverpool. The role is a full-time teaching position until the end of the academic year with responsibility for teaching Key Stage 3 - 5 and the potential for the role to go permanent.
Our client is a popular all boys secondary school with excellent transport links and on site parking. It is an exciting time to join the school as they are making rapid improvements with a dedicated senior leadership team. Pupils behaviour has been praised and their attitude towards staff is polite and respectful.
Our school boasts an exemplary Science department with a highly motivated technician team, up to date scientific equipment, and well-equipped laboratories and prep rooms. The department is continuously developing ideas and resources to make its lessons both informative and stimulating and practical lessons are always popular with students.
The responsibilities of this Science teacher role will include:
* Undertaking class teaching responsibility for Science from Year 7 through to A Level
* Thoroughly planning lessons making full use of a variety of resources
* Assessing and developing teaching practices to be in line with the ability of the pupils in each class
* Marking work, giving appropriate feedback and preparing students for exams in line with GCSE and A Level requirements
* Undertaking pastoral duties including acting as a form tutor
The ideal candidate for this Science Teacher role will:
* Hold Qualified Teacher Status
* Be an outstanding teacher with excellent curriculum subject knowledge
* Be a committed professional with a determination to make a difference
* Be an organised and enthusiastic proactive person
The school is located in the south of Liverpool and is easily accessible by car or by bus, with a bus stop located a short walk away.
As a Science Teacher you will have access to a supportive and committed department of science teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations plus:
* The potential to develop your role
* Help with lessons and classroom set up from a science technician
* A wide range of CPD opportunities
* Use of laptops that are specifically designated to the department
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Science Teacher in south Liverpool.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.