Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for a dedicated, dynamic and ambitious Science Teacher to join an oversubscribed, large coeducational school in Surrey (just outside Sutton, SW London) from September 2020.
This is a full time, long-term role replacing a permanent staff member. The school is in the fringe and the salary will be to scale or above (+ possible TLR) dependant on your experience and suitability.
Our client school is a co-educational 11-16 comprehensive in Surrey. Their goal is to provide the best possible standard of teaching and learning so that students have the necessary qualifications and skills to be successful in whatever future path they choose.
Parents and students love the calm and friendly atmosphere and purposeful classrooms. Staff work with dedication, building strong relationships that help each child achieve their very best. Students grasp with both hands the huge variety of extra-curricular opportunities available to them.
We are looking for:
· This OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' secondary school are looking for a Science Teacher who can teach KS3-4 General Science and who has excellent subject knowledge
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role
· A collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT
· The ability to teach Biology, Chemistry or Physics to A Level will also be an advantage.
The role: Teaching general science to students aged 11 - 16 with a wide range of ability levels.
Location: The school in Surrey is easily accessible by Rail or Car and parking is available on site.
The school offers:
Teachers at this school benefit from working with a dedicated team of professionals. You will also have your own laptop and access to outstanding lesson plans and resources.
As a Science teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· Well-equipped Science labs with new equipment, good resources and access to new technologies.
· Experienced Science technicians on hand for technical support and help setting up practicals.
· A comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff
To join us and be successful in this General Science Teacher role you will need to:
· Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
· Have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
· Have a CV that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
· Have the legal right to work in the UK
For more information about the role, please contact Carlo Randazzo on 0207 845 5450 / email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.