Tradewind are currently seeing an unprecedented demand for Science Teachers for daily, short and long-term positions in Wirral. We are recruiting Science Teachers to work in our Wirral Secondary schools and are interested in hearing from newly qualified or experienced teachers. Whether you're seeking daily supply, or you're looking for a longer-term position, Tradewind would love to hear from you!
As a Science Teacher on daily supply you could be working in 5 different schools in any one week. It is an expectation that you take some resources with you however if work is set it is essential that you teach what the regular subject teacher has left and leave feedback for when they return.
As a long-term term Science Teacher, you are expected to plan, teach and mark in line with school policies and procedures. On long-term supply you may have additional responsibilities including extra-curricular clubs, lunch time duties and parents evening. It is an expectation of a long-term supply teacher that you would carry out your duties as directed.
Pay rate will vary depending on whether your assignment is a daily booking or a long-term assignment; however, you can expect between £95- £120 for daily supply and up to £189 on long-term assignments. AWR would apply on a long-term assignment continuing for longer than 12 weeks.
To join us and be considered for this Science Teacher vacancy you must:
* Hold QTS or an equivalent teaching qualification;
* Have experience teaching Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) across KS3 and KS4 (KS5 teaching experience would be advantageous);
* This position is subject to Enhanced DBS, Overseas police check (if applicable) and satisfactory references;
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any gaps in employment must be explained;
* Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Science Teacher position based in Wirral.
1.As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.