Do you have a deep passion for science and education? Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to nurture young minds and be a part of their growth? If so, we have an excellent position waiting for you!
Position: Science Technician
Location: Hammersmith & Fulham, London
Salary: £12.00 - £14.00 per hour
Contract: Full-time, Long-term
Responsibilities: As a Science Technician at our mainstream secondary school, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the science department and ensuring the seamless execution of practical experiments and demonstrations. Your key duties will include:
- Lab Preparation: Aiding in the arrangement and organization of laboratory equipment and materials for science practical lessons, which includes the setup and proper storage of apparatus.
- Resource Management: Maintaining an inventory of science supplies and materials, guaranteeing their adequacy and correct storage. You will also manage supply orders and restocking as needed.
- Safety and Well-being: Strict adherence to health and safety guidelines in the science department, ensuring equipment is safe for use and that students are aware of safety protocols during practical sessions.
- Technical Support: Providing technical assistance during science lessons and helping both teachers and students with any technical challenges they encounter.
- Lab Maintenance: Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the science laboratories, along with the general upkeep of equipment and facilities.
- Assistance in Demonstrations: Assisting teachers during science experiments and demonstrations to ensure their smooth execution.
Requirements: To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Laboratory Experience: Prior experience in a laboratory setting, be it in educational, research, or industrial environments, is highly preferred.
- Passion for Science: A genuine enthusiasm for science and a strong desire to support students' learning in this field.
- Organizational Skills: Demonstrated strong organizational abilities and the capability to manage resources effectively.
- Attention to Detail: A keen eye for detail and a high level of accuracy, particularly when setting up experiments.
- Team Player: The ability to collaborate effectively with teachers, fellow technicians, and other members of the staff.
- Flexibility: A willingness to adapt and take on new challenges as they arise.
- Health and Safety Awareness: A solid understanding of health and safety protocols in laboratory settings.
- Educational Background: A background in science-related education is advantageous but not mandatory.
If you are enthusiastic, dependable, and eager to contribute to the education of young minds, we invite you to apply for this fulfilling Science Technician role.
How to Apply: Please submit your current CV and a cover letter emphasizing your pertinent experience and enthusiasm for the position to Cian.Kelly@twrecruitment.com .
Join our vibrant and dedicated team in inspiring the future generation of scientists! Apply now and make a meaningful impact on our students' lives.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.