A distinguished secondary school situated in the lively district of Hounslow is actively seeking a skilled and experienced Science Technician to join their team of dedicated professionals. This exciting opportunity is available immediately, targeting individuals with a sincere passion for science and substantial experience in providing technical support to both educators and students.
In the position of a Science Technician, your primary responsibilities will encompass a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
Organizing and preparing laboratory equipment and materials for practical-based lessons, ensuring the availability of all necessary resources to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
Managing and procuring laboratory supplies and equipment, maintaining optimal stock levels, and placing timely orders. This involves effective communication with suppliers and meticulous inventory management.
Assisting teachers in preparing science practicals, collaborating with the teaching staff to set up demonstrations, experiments, and practical activities. Ensuring all required materials and equipment are prepared and in proper working order.
Supervising students during practical sessions, offering guidance and support to ensure their safety and understanding of scientific procedures. Creating a conducive learning environment and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
Maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities by conducting regular checks and arranging for repairs or replacements when necessary. Upholding high standards of cleanliness, organization, and safety within the laboratory.
This full-time temporary-to-permanent position offers the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the school community, commencing at the earliest convenience. It is an exciting prospect for an experienced Science Technician seeking a new challenge, providing the chance to advance their career and contribute to the development of future scientists.
To be considered for this engaging opportunity as a Science Technician, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Availability for full-time work, demonstrating dedication to the role and the school community.
- Possession of a high-level degree in a science-related field, showcasing a robust academic background and expertise in scientific principles and practices.
- Commitment to a minimum of two terms, demonstrating reliability and consistency in supporting the science department's objectives.
- Possession of an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable), and successful professional reference checks to ensure a safe and trustworthy environment for students.
- Submission of a comprehensive CV covering the past ten years of employment history, if possible, providing a clear overview of your experience and suitability for the role.
- Legal right to work in the UK, ensuring compliance with relevant immigration laws and regulations.
If you are intrigued by this Science Technician position in Hounslow, Greater London, please click the "Apply now" button. For additional information about the role, please contact Seema Parbat at 0207 845 5450 or via email at email@example.com.
This presents an exceptional opportunity to become part of a respected educational institution and contribute to the development of aspiring scientists.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.