Are you deeply passionate about the world of science and eager to contribute to nurturing the curiosity of budding scientists? We're on the lookout for a dedicated and enthusiastic Science Technician to join a vibrant team at a mainstream secondary school in Lambeth.
As a Science Technician, your role will be pivotal in facilitating practical experiments and ensuring the seamless operation of the science laboratories.
- Arrange and set up equipment and materials for science practical sessions, adhering to stringent health and safety protocols.
- Maintain a well organised inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals, and materials, ensuring adequate stock levels and timely replenishment.
- Offer technical support and guidance to teachers and students during practical lessons, fostering a conducive learning environment.
- Undertake regular maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, ensuring their reliable performance and safety.
- Vigilantly oversee and enforce health and safety regulations within the laboratories, prioritising the welfare of our staff and students.
- Assist in the responsible disposal of hazardous waste materials in strict accordance with established protocols.
- Collaborate closely with the Science Department to innovate and enhance practical resources, experiments, and engaging demonstrations.
- Support the Science Department in orchestrating captivating demonstrations and experiments during open days and other school events.
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting is preferred, particularly within an educational context.
- An inherent fascination with science and a foundational grasp of scientific principles are highly valued attributes.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks while maintaining a focus on health and safety.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a steadfast commitment to adhering to safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, essential for effective collaboration with teachers, students, and fellow staff members.
- Competence in utilising basic laboratory equipment, along with familiarity with scientific software and computer applications.
- A proactive and adaptable work approach, ready to navigate shifting priorities and deadlines.
- A dedicated commitment to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of our students.
- While advantageous, a relevant qualification in science or laboratory techniques is not mandatory.
We offer a competitive hourly rate ranging from £13.50 to £15.00 per hour, depending on your experience and qualifications. This position offers full-time, long-term employment, providing stability and the chance to leave a lasting impact on our students' education and development.
If you're passionate about science, possess a sharp eye for detail, and thrive in the dynamic setting of education, we eagerly await your application. To apply for this Science Technician role, kindly submit your CV, accompanied by a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, to Cian.Kelly@twrecruitment.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Our school places the utmost importance on safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment, and the successful applicant will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.