Tradewind is currently recruiting a Science graduate to join a large all girls secondary school in Wandsworth as a science technician.
This position is available in on a full-time position Monday to Friday and to start ASAP on an ongoing basis. As the successful applicant you will assisting a team of 2-3 technicians in preparing for practical experiments.
This school Science Specialist School with over 100 students. The schools Examination results continue to be excellent at Key Stage, 4 and 5 with outstanding value added outcomes.
The school offer a dynamic and vibrant learning environment. They enable their students to reach their full academic potential.
We are looking for:
* A Science Graduate ideally with a chemistry or Biology specialism who's eager to get into a lab
* Must be able to work as part of a team and use initiative Candidate will have a proven record of practical science skills,
* Must be able to work collaboratively with other members of the technician team as well as the HOD Science.
Candidates will be expected to:
* Know the ins and outs of Health & Safety and enforce the rules when necessary
* Complete tasks given to you by teachers and your line manager
* Clean and maintain all equipment
* Take inventory
* Occasionally help the teacher out during the practical lab lessons
* Be punctual
The school is easily located from its nearest underground station - there is parking available on site if driving is a preferred method of travelling.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
* Have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference check.
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Science technician position in
Wandsworth. Or for more information about the role, contact Seema Parbat on 0207 845 5450 /
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£60 - £90 per day
East Riding of Yorkshire
£70 - £78 per day
£70 - £78 per day
£12.00 - £13.50 per hour
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.