Tradewind are working closely with our client in the Warrington area for a Science Technician to join the department as soon as possible. The duration will be for at least one term and could possibly be extended. The department is a busy department and would like an additional Science Technician to support the one that they already have. The school is well linked and can be accessed via the M6 and M62.
Your day to day duties as a Science Technician would include;
* Working closely with the Science department, ensuring the preparation and maintenance of work spaces
* Demonstrating the correct usage of equipment to staff and students
* Adhering to and promoting Health & Safety
* The cleaning and storage of equipment and chemicals
* Monitoring and replenishing stock as and when required, ensuring the departmental budget is adhered to
* Demonstrating excellent communication skills to both staff and students
To be successful in your application for the role of a Science Technician, you must:
* Hold a Bachelors Degree in a Science related specialism
* Have experience of working in a laboratory setting- a school setting is desirable but not essential
* Hold an Enhanced DBS Disclosure (or be willing to apply for one), Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks (covering the last two years)
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 39 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Science Technician job based in Warrington.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.