Are you a Science graduate looking for experience in a school laboratory? Do you have previous school Science Technician experience?
Tradewind have been asked to recruit a Science Technician on behalf of a Wirral secondary school. The position is to start ASAP and will continue until the end of the academic year.
As a Science Technician you will be required to :-
- Prepare and supply equipment, solutions and materials as requested by the teacher
- Ensure signs for any hazardous materials are correctly and clearly displayed
- Maintain a safe working environment for all staff and students
- Follow health and safety requirements
- Set up apparatus before lessons
- Wash and clean areas once lessons have ended
- Repair apparatus when needed, test electrical equipment, undertake regular stock control
- Support teachers and students in practical lessons
To be considered for this role you must have:-
- A passion for Science and aiding student progress
- A degree in Science
- A strong academic background
- Classroom or tutoring experience with the Science syllabus is an advantage
- You must have a child workforce enhanced DBS certificate which is on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new one (costs refunded back to you when you complete 20 days work)
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this science technician role in a Wirral secondary school.
1.As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
2. We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
3. Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
4. More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
5. Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.