Tradewind are currently seeking a fantastic Science technician who is available to start in ASAP in a York School setting. Pay for this role is between £60-£100 per day.
This Science Department offers pupils the opportunity to discover the thrill of scientific exploration and discovery, as well as the chance to observe how science works first hand. Both school and staff are excited to welcome an additional pair of hands to share their passion.
The ideal candidate should obtain some experience when working with children and young people, must be organised and enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team.
You will be expected to assist with the day to day running of technical support and the preparation of science rooms. Experience using different forms of equipment such as; microscopes is required.
The location of this school is very accessibly, and free parking is available to all members of staff. Pay is negotiable and can range from £60.00- £90.00 per day depending on experience.
In return the school will offer:
* Brilliant facilities to conduct engaging scientific experiments
* The opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals who share the same passion
* The chance to work with children who genuinely have a love for learning
* The opportunity to work with welcoming, positive colleagues
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this science Technician role you will need:
* Qualifications in biology, chemistry and physics. This is desirable but not essential.
* Feel confident supporting teachers to safely conduct experiments using a range of resources.
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Science Technician within York. Or for more information about the role, contact Katie Rae on 01482 238878 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£11 - £12 per hour
City of Westminster, London
£10.50 - £12 per hour
£18500 - £21000 per annum
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.