Secondary Nurture Teacher
Secondary Nurture Teacher
We are now working with an outstanding school in Newham, East London with a provision for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health in Newham, initially with 33 pupils, but growing to a maximum of 60 pupils, aged 10-14 are now looking for a PRU or SEMH Teacher to join -them. The school are willing to provide training to staff before handing them a classroom of their own. This is an exciting opportunity for a Mainstream trained teacher or a Special Needs Teacher to join an outstanding and a leader school of education.
The provisions aim is to help pupils develop and improve their skills, whilst also supporting them to integrate into their local communities and looking for life after education for their careers. There is a person-centred practice at the provision and many students are assigned with 1:1 support for a minimum of 10 hours per week. This enables the pupils to fulfil their lives and help them to achieve the things that are important. A percentage of the pupils in the provision will be working on the GCSE and Functional Skills curriculum by either taking double award science or a minimum of two separate awards. There will be some students who will be working on the functional skills curriculum.
The school in Newham, East London are looking for a compassionate, keen and caring individual to join the team to support 7 pupils with social and emotional difficulties. Your day as a Teacher will depend entirely on how you support the children and work with a lovely team of support staff. There really are no limits to the interests, passions, hobbies and activities that the students we support enjoy. It is key for this role that you are positive and enjoy having a laugh. The pupils you will be supporting are an active bunch and enjoy various leisure and activities in the community - including swimming, for example. Please ensure you can commit to this role, as reliability for the students you will be supporting is a key factor. They require stability and need support in accessing activities to allow them to achieve their full potential.
The Teacher we require should have:
- Dramatically improve the life chances of students, whose previous experience of schools has, for whatever reasons, not been a wholly positive experience
- Accelerate the upward trajectory of rapid improvement and complete the schools onward journey from good (2014) to outstanding
- Experience of working with pupils in a PRU/Alternative Provision/SEMH background in as a subject specialist
- Science Teacher
Benefits of working at the school:
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
- Highly invested in training staff
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Continuous professional and personal development
- The school is in Newham, East London and has excellent transport links with the District line, Hammersmith and City lines, Overground trains as well as the C2C. The school also has a car park for those teachers that prefer to drive.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an Secondary Nurture Teacher in Newham, East London Or for more information about the role, contact Ilkan Pasa on [0207 845 5450. option3] or [email@example.com]
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.