Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a lovely Hospital school in Islington working with children with Autism and Mental Health needs. The role is full time and will start ASAP on a long-term basis for the rest of the academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
This school in Islington, North London, is a 'Good' Ofsted rated transitional hospital school in Islington providing for students aged 5-16. This school caters for students with medical needs including severe mental health (depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, self-harm) and other SEND including Autism. As a transitional school, the aim is to act as a transitional period to help the pupils feel prepared and ready to go back into a mainstream environment. Each child will have an individual educational health care plan to follow and there is a focus on being empathetic, nurturing and caring towards their needs whilst aiming to increase self-confidence and resilience.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be working within a small classroom of up to 10 students providing 1:1 support/group support to children within KS3 and KS4. You will be on hand to support the students in class, helping to engage them in their lessons and ensuring the lesson is running smoothly. You will also assist in the organisation of class activities and perform 1:1 and group work with students to engage them in their learning and to ensure academic progression. The main responsibility is to support the class teacher during lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils with a range of abilities who follow a curriculum adapted to best meet their needs. There is a focus on developing Social Skills in lessons and also group sessions improving life skills and communication skills.
The school is very central and is easily accessible by several transport links including the Northern Line, the Overground and several popular bus routes. There is also parking on-site for those who prefer to drive.
To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about working with Autism and Mental Health needs, be proactive and enthusiastic towards your work.
Essential requirements of a SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Experience supporting young people with autism or mental health needs.
- Previous support work within a secondary school or other child related experience.
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Islington, North London, or more information please contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450, Opt 3, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a Sunday Times top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.