Secondary Teaching Assistant
Secondary Teaching Assistant
Secondary Teaching Assistant - Swindon £14,747 per annum, term time only.
Tradewind Recruitment is working with a Secondary Academy in North Swindon who is looking for an ambitious and hard-working individual to join a busy team. The purpose of the role is to work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and academy policies and procedures. You will also provide small group interventions using specific programmes as directed.
The main duties will involve:
- implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to students' needs and responses as appropriate
- as directed, work with individuals or groups of students to deliver intervention programmes in order to raise attainment
- understand specific learning needs and provide differentiated support to students individually and within a group
- establish positive relationships with all students
- provide feedback to students in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- provide feedback to students in intervention groups with regards to their attainment and progress on intervention programmes
- support pupils with activities which develop literacy and numeracy skills
- promote the inclusion and acceptance of students with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
- promote positive pupil behaviour in line with academy policies for culture for learning
- write reports and records as required
- monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, resolving all but the most complex problems independently
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent communication skills and be able to build good relationships with young people and adults
- an ability to deal with students and staff so that they feel they have been dealt with consistently and fairly
- an ability to convey authority and earn students respect, with the ability to make good decisions fast.
- the ability to show initiative whilst knowing when to take advice
- good judgement over matters of confidentiality and integrity in dealing with sensitive information about students
- strong IT skills with the ability to positively respond to training in the use of school IT packages.
- educated to A Level or Degree level
- sound literacy and numeracy, GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C or above
- some previous experience of working with young people is desirable
- some understanding of how students learn, or teaching experience is desirable
By registering with Tradewind, you can expect the following:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay!
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to have:
- Over 6 months experience, a degree or certificates within education.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- Must have excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Able to work 5 days a week and commit to a long-term role with a view to a contract with the school directly after 3 months with Tradewind on a temporary contract
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as Secondary Teaching Assistant in Swindon or for more information about the role, contact Ross on 0117 301 7578 / Ross.Churn@twrecruitment.com We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career in education!
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.