SEMH Teaching Assistant
SEMH Teaching Assistant
Are you an open-minded Teaching Assistant interested in working with children with Behavioural and or Mental Health needs in the Hounslow area of West London?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a SEMH TA for a Primary school in Hounslow, West London. The role is full time, Monday to Friday, 08:45-16:00, and will start ASAP on a long term basis for the rest of the academic year at least, until July 2021 and will continue into the following academic year on the same basis for the right candidate.
The school is an Outstanding Ofsted rated school for students with challenging behaviour due to Social, Emotional or Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH). All students have a Special Educational Needs statement or are in the process of obtaining one and have experienced difficulties in mainstream school. Many children will also have additional needs including autism (ASD), Speech, Language or Communication difficulties, ADHD or sensory issues.
- Experience supporting young people with challenging behaviour and or SEMH, social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Previous TA, LSA or support work within a school or other child related experience.
- Ideally trained in Team Teach, Positive handling or safe physical restraint.
- Open-minded, positive and friendly approach.
- Caring and professional manner.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Students are taught the National Curriculum in small classes of up to 9 pupils with 1 teacher and at least 1 teaching assistant. The successful TA will be moving from class to class to provide support to a variety of ages and abilities. The main responsibility of this highly rewarding role is to support the class teacher in all lessons with the educational and social needs of pupils, assisting in the organisation of class activities, helping to manage class or individual behaviour and performing 1:1 and group work with students to keep them engaged and making progress. Many students will need additional support with literacy and the school utilise Ruth Miskin Phonics training, specifically The Read Write Inc. phonics scheme. Students will also often need support with numeracy and social skills so a strength in written and spoken English and Maths is beneficial to assist with the academic progress of pupils.
The school is easily accessible by various short bus routes from 3 different tube stations or an overground train station.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this fulfilling position as a SEMH Teaching Assistant in Hounslow, West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Tom Meredith on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.