SEMH Teaching Assistant
SEMH Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a resilient and optimistic individual wanting to work as a SEMH Ta within a Secondary school in the London brough of Croydon. The role is full time, Monday to Friday, 08:30-15:30, to start in September on a long term basis on going to the next academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school prioritises a strong sense of calm and consideration for everyone in the building, enabling children to feel less at risk and more able to reduce the heightened anxieties and symptoms of trauma. The school trains professionals to better understand behaviours and theories, to see past the surface behaviour and understand the why. Professionals are able to facilitate strategies that soothe, support and teach children to feel more aware of their emotional responses and behaviours. The school educates children to have healthy relationships and friendships through play, social modelling and therapy. The school equips young people with the tools to avoid falling into destructive behavioural patterns and to create opportunities for self-reflection and to drive ambition. Failure is seen as a tool for learning, building resilience and emotional intelligence. The school treats every day as a good day, they problem solve well to increase a mindful and positive working environment.
Your role as a SEMH TA will be:
- supporting young people with challenging behaviour and or SEMH, social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Previous TA, LSA or support work within a school, PRU, Alternative Provision or other child related experience.
- Open-minded, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Benefits of working at the school:
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
- Highly invested in training staff
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Continuous professional and personal development
- The school is in Croydon and has excellent transport links - the school also has a car park for those staff that prefer to drive.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an SEMH Ta in Southwark Or for more information about the role, contact Jade Kierans on [0207 845 5450. option3] or [email@example.com]
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.