SEMH Teaching Assistant
SEMH Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is recruiting for an experienced SEMH Teaching Assistant for a secondary SEMH school in Trafford!
Do you have a natural ability to engage young people from vulnerable and challenging backgrounds?
Have you worked as a SEMH Teaching Assistant or Behaviour Mentor before?
About the role:
- SEMH Teaching Assistant in a special SEMH secondary school.
- Start date - 1st March 21.
- Full time and long term with the potential to turn in to a permanent contract.
- Pay up to £80 per day.
- Providing a range of pupils with emotional, behavioural and learning support.
- Provide 1:1 support where required as well as tailored learning interventions in key skills subjects.
- You must have previous experience as a SEMH Teaching Assistant, Behaviour Support Worker, Youth Worker or Residential Support Worker for children or young adults with SEMH or challenging behaviour.
About the school:
- Special school for young people with Social, Emotional & Mental Health Difficulties, SEMH.
- Rated GOOD by Ofsted. Staff have strong relationships with pupils and there is mutual respect shown in and out of lessons. Staff enjoy strong support from management and there is a welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
- Curriculum based as closely as possible on national curriculum with additional vocational elements.
- Most pupils improve from their starting points in core subjects and go on to achieve academic or vocation qualifications that support them in to employment or training.
- Stable and skilled team of SEMH Teaching Assistant staff that all support each other when needed and through challenging situations.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 11-16 and all have an EHCP for Special Needs including SEMH or ADHD, Attachment Disorder, ODD and other associated needs.
- Pupils can display verbal or physical aggression at times and need constant supervision.
- On rare occasions staff use Team Teach behaviour management strategies and positive handling techniques to manage behaviour ans safeguard pupils and staff.
- Some students are LAC and have associated obstacles to learning and development.
- Any new SEMH Teaching Assistant will need to show empathy, patience, resilience and perseverance in abundance.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join us and be successful in this SEMH Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.