SEMH Teaching Assistant
SEMH Teaching Assistant
We are looking to recruit Teaching assistants with experience of SEMH at a Special Educational Needs school in Weston.
The role will involve working with young people in Primary and Secondary ages with challenging behaviour. There will be some 1:1 work as well as group work within the class. The school caters for Secondary and Primary ages and has lots of Outdoors and extracurricular activities. This role will be ideal for candidates who have experience of working with young people in Care or SEND settings.
This role might be ideal for you if:
- You have previous Teaching Support or Care or Tutoring experience with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- You have previously worked with young people who have communication difficulties in either care settings or SEND schools
- You have experience and understanding of working in a Special Educational needs setting
- You are available full-time from next term.
- You have training in behaviour management (PBM or Team Teach)
- You have a flexible and conscientious approach to supporting young people with additional needs but aim for high standards
- You are looking for a long-term position within schools.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
Have experience of working with young people or young adults with severe EBD at a school, respite or care setting.
Team-teach or other behavior management training is ideal but not necessary for the right experience in other related settings
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
You must have the legal right to work in the UK
To apply for this position, or hear more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Tradewind, please call the Bristol office on 01173017578, or email@example.com. We are still working our usual working hours and happy to chat to you about this role and others and help you find additional work once schools re-open.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.