SEN Class Teacher
SEN Class Teacher
Key roles and responsibilities:
* Plan and teach well-structured lessons to assigned classes, following the school's plans, curriculum and schemes of work, in an autism-friendly way
* Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils, making accurate and productive use of assessment
* Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils
* Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
* Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
* Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
* Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for transition or testing
* Make use of special facilities and/or equipment
* Support the social, emotional and communication needs of all students
* Encouraging personal development via tutorial and pastoral work
* Writing reports
* Line managing and coordinating support staff within your class team
* The teacher will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
* Successful primary teaching experience
* Personal or professional experience of autism
* Knowledge of the National Curriculum
* Knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies
* A good understanding of how children with SEND learn
* Ability to adapt teaching to meet pupils' needs
* Ability to build effective working relationships with pupils
* Knowledge of guidance and requirements around safeguarding children
* Knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies
* Good ICT skills, particularly using ICT to support learning
Please contact John @ Sanza Teaching Agency on 0207 845 6240 or email email@example.com for immediate consideration.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.