SEN Learning Support Assistant
SEN Learning Support Assistant
Tradewind Manchester is currently looking for a 1-1 Teaching Assistant, to join a wonderful Special School in East Cheshire, to start in September 2020. This is a full time, long-term role, with the potential of a permanent contract, paying up to £75 a day.
To join us and be successful in this Learning Support Assistant role, you will need to:
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
About the school
The school is an independent specialist day and residential school situated in the stunning Cheshire countryside. From the beautiful rural location, the school offer a unique setting having been converted from a hotel to create innovative and inspiring learning, social, recreational and living spaces.
The school is based in East Cheshire and has ample parking and is easy to get to.
The specialist multi-disciplinary team of leaders, carers, therapists and educationalists work seamlessly together. They teach and proactively support pupils who have been subjected to adverse childhood experiences, including trauma, toxic stress and associated mental wellbeing difficulties, aiming to break the cycle of adversity. Children and young people may also come because they are challenged by attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and dyspraxia or moderate and specific learning difficulties.
About the role
This Special School is looking for a Learning Support Assistant who can provide 1-1 support for a new child they have there. The child has specific learning difficulties. You will be required to support the child throughout class, helping with the delivery of their set curriculum and generally assisting in all matters throughout the day.
Ideally, they require candidates who have experience working within similar settings or who have worked within NHS / Independent sector CAMHS services and hold the NVQ 3 / Diploma Children and Young People. However, they will also be interested in hearing from you if you have a genuine interest in working with young people and feel you have the skills to enrich their lives.
They would also look at graduates, especially in subjects like psychology/child psychology or similar.
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind, you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, Manchester, Preston, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.