SEN Science Teacher
SEN Science Teacher
We are looking to appoint a Science Teacher for their site near Kingswood. The project ensures that local young people are included in mainstream education, training or employment so they can participate as full members of their communities. The learners are aged 14 to 16-years-old across various sites in Bristol. The team also provides a successful outreach programme. This role will continue until end of this Academic Year and will potentially become permanent beyond September.
Hours of work vary between 0830-1630 everyday Monday to Friday term-time. There is generous pay offer for the right candidate.
-Subject delivery: As a Curriculum and Learning Lead, you will have delivery experience across a range of Science subjects and lead on the improvement of the quality of teaching and learning.
-Behaviour management: You will have a thorough understanding of behaviour management and possess the skills and attributes to implement strategies, lead the team and utilise de-escalation tactics.
Previous experience is working within an Alternative Education provision, or PRU setting is highly beneficial. Previously working as a SENCO and leading a team of teachers within a SEN school are also highly desirable.
This role might be ideal for you if:
-You have previous SEMH experience and Qualified to Teach Science
-You have previously worked with disengaged young people.
-You have experience and understanding of child development and learning
-You are available full-time (Can work 0830-1630 Monday to Friday)
-You worked in a senior/leading role either running a similar type project or PRU.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position. Or for more information about the role, contact Lottie Dullea on 0117 301 7578 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers.
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
* Have experience in SEN settings.
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you'll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 3rd year running!
£121.74 - £187.52 per day
£23720 - £35008 per annum
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.