SEN Secondary Teaching Assistant
SEN Secondary Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant for a SEN Secondary school in Southwark working with children with complex Special Educational Needs. The role is full time and will start in September on a long-term basis for the rest of the academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
To be considered for this post, you must have experience with complex needs weather this is within a school or care setting.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. With us, it's never 'just a job'. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay, at Tradewind Recruitment SEN, we are known for remunerating our candidates better than our competitors, as well as always providing high quality service.
The school is a complex mixed needs special secondary school situated in Camberwell, in the London Borough of Southwark. The school has 147 pupils and every pupil has a statement of Special Educational Needs.
All of the pupils have severe or moderate learning disabilities (SLD/MLD) and come from a mix of Southwark Primary and Special schools. The school is oversubscribed and In addition to the teaching staff one full time and one part-time Speech and Language therapist, one day a week Occupational therapy, Family worker and a Full-time work experience coordinator. The school also have strong links with CAMHS, the School Nursing Service and with the Early Help team.
This Southwark school has been commended twice for their academic excellence, is viewed as a well-connected and caring school who go the extra mile to help children achieve their personal growth. The school aims to provide a creative and stimulating learning environment, with a strong commitment to the arts.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be working within a classroom of Complex needs in the morning and SEMH in the afternoon. You will be on hand to support the students within class, the class has a strong teacher to offer support. Personal care experience is preferred but not essential. The school is based in a central location of Camberwell, Southwark (nearest station oval) within easy reach from central London.
Essential requirements of a SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Experience supporting young people with autism or complex needs
- Previous support work within a school or other care related experience.
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach.
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this SEN Teaching Assistant role in Camberwell,Southwark or more information please contact Jade Kierans on 0207 845 5450, Opt 3, or email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.