SEN Support Worker
SEN Support Worker
Tradewind are recruiting!
This is a school based Support Worker role in the south Manchester area starting ASAP on a full time & long term basis at an outstanding special needs for young people with Autism & Complex Needs.
To join us and be successful in this school based Support Worker role, you will need to:
- Have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for a new one).
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable)
- Minimum of 2 professional references.
- Provide a CV with a full history from your education until present.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Some experience supporting children or young adults with special needs.
THE ROLE & SCHOOL
- School based SEN Support Worker at a special needs high school in south Manchester for young people aged 4-16 with special needs including Autism & Complex Needs.
- Starting in in January 2023 on a full time basis.
- Will turn permanent for the right person.
- Hours are 8:30am - 3:30pm.
- Pay up to £85/day.
- Working with young people on a 1:1 basis, rotating between each pupil in your group.
- Class sizes of no more 10 pupils with 3-4 Teaching Assistants in each.
- Personal Care and Moving & Handling support required for some pupils, training and support will be given if this isn't something you've done before.
- School is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and has some excellent facilities designed specifically to enhance the education and care offering of the school.
- Hydrotherapy pool, sensory rooms, therapy room, gardens etc.
- School focuses on providing a safe, welcoming, supportive and inclusive environment.
- Stable and experienced staff team with many people having been there for years.
- Easily accessible by bus, metrolink or car.
To apply for this south Manchester based SEN Support Worker role & register with Tradewind please call Graham in the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
A bit more about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.