Do you have a passion for supporting children with additional needs? Are you looking for a full-time/long-term role starting when Schools return?
Tradewind has a fantastic opportunity to work within a fantastic Secondary school based on the outskirts of St Albans. You will be responsible for supporting pupils on a 1:1 basis with additional needs. You do not necessarily need School based experience; however, you must have supported children or young adults with special education needs recently in a professional capacity.
***Learning Support Assistant position (Full-time/Long-term)
***Supporting pupils with additional needs on a 1:1 basis.
***£70 to £90 per day - Initially for the rest of the academic year with the potential to carry on permanently.
***Quick registration process completed online with a supportive consultant.
The School has excellent facilities, was rated 'Outstanding' by ofsted in 2018 and has an age range of 11-16 year old pupils. This is a large School with several pupils needed 121 support, all new members of staff who join are well supported and included from day 1. The school are looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Experience of working with Pupils with SEND (ideally pupils with ASD)
- Min 3 months experience in the last 2 years
- Degree Qualified or Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
- An approachable and resilient attitude
- A passion for supporting children with additional needs
- A willingness to try different approaches to enhance learning
- Strong Numeracy and Literacy skills
*Highly Desirable* If you have completed one or more of the following courses: Makaton, Pecs, team teach and other childcare related courses. You will be short-listed and contacted immediately!!!
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this St Albans based Learning Support Assistant opportunity. Or for more information about the role, contact Sam on 01727 236 255.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we are committed to putting candidates & staff first.
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates.
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request).
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter.
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.