This position is best suited to teachers who have experience working with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). All students in the class will have an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). As a SEN teacher, you should be able to adapt your lessons and subject material to suit each student's ability.
The SEN Teacher would:
· Work with a class of 6 pupils
· Teach pupils with PMLD and SLD
· Provide PPA cover for all classes and age ranges throughout the school.
· Be supported by a team of full-time teaching assistants in class
· Follow individual therapy plans and a modified national curriculum
· Teach 40-minute lessons, these may be subject specific or across all subjects depending on the year group and ability of the class
· Be responsible for ensuring all students achieve their highest potential
· Tailor the learning environment and subject material to suit individual needs
The ideal candidate for this SEN Teacher role will:
· Hold Qualified Teacher Status
· Be a qualified teacher, comfortable teaching both at functional skills and foundation level.
· Be experienced in, or comfortable working in an environment with students aged 5-16 with a variety of special needs, who present their own learning needs.
Based in Hackney, this Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school caters for 200 pupils with a wide range of SEND. This lovely SEN school is interviewing experienced SEN teachers looking for their next long-term opportunity.
The school is in the centre of Hackney and is easily accessible by public transport, with a bus and train station located nearby, and also has a large amount of free onsite parking.
The school grounds are extensive with two large grass fields and many different buildings and break out spaces, including a garden for horticulture. The premises feel warm and welcoming, with students' artwork and photos of school events on display in every hallway.
As a SEN teacher you will have access to a supportive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations plus:
· On-site trainers to help you train as a in a variety of SEN techniques
· The school is well resourced to support SEN pupils with a sensory room, break-out spaces and a nurture room
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact! That's 23 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teacher in Hackney. Or for more information about the role, contact Alex on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or email@example.com
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 30 fully certified CPD courses, that's 23 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.