Special Educational with specialisation in teaching children with Autism - Immediate or January 2024 start - MPS/UPS plus TLR - Training and development role with teaching - Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
A school that specialises in teaching children between the ages of 11 and 15 with a current roll of 72 pupils is seeking an experienced SEN Teacher with specialisation in teaching children with Autism to join their team. The role is available for an immediate start or from January, on a long term to permanent basis.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate effective teaching and learning for students with Autism
- Develop and implement personalised learning plans for students with additional needs
- Monitor and record student progress, providing regular feedback to parents and carers
- Work collaboratively with the school's leadership team, support staff and external professionals to provide a holistic approach to students' education and care
- Provide support and guidance to teaching assistants and other support staff in the delivery of teaching and learning activities
- Ensure compliance with school policies, procedures and statutory requirements, particularly in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Qualified Teacher Status with experience of teaching children with Autism
- Good understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder and knowledge of the latest teaching methods
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, effective and engaging lessons for students with additional needs
- Ability to develop and implement personalised learning plans for students with Autism
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A patient, calm and positive approach to teaching and supporting students with additional needs
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and supportive team of teaching and support staff, and will have access to ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
To apply for this exceptional SEN Teacher role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 01727 236255 for further information!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.