A Special Needs School in Waltham Forest for students with learning difficulties such as complex behavioural and emotional difficulties. The students are aged from 6-16 and the school currently have 80 students enrolled.
As a Secondary SEN teacher this is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a wonderful school and to help create an exceptional learning experience for pupils within the school. You will be responsible for planning and delivering lessons in all areas of the curriculum and provide personalised activities to meet the needs of the pupils within your class. The school offers innovative and personalised provision of learning for every student. To achieve this, staff work together to achieve high standards of teaching and learning whilst focusing on flourishing wellbeing. The school adopts trauma informed and restorative practices to support this learning through a positive education lens. The school offers an opportunity for students to improve literacy and numeracy skills, make links to vocational pathways and build positive relationships through strengths based curriculum.
It is key for this role that you are positive and enjoy having a laugh. The pupils you will be supporting are an active bunch and enjoy various leisure and activities in the community - including swimming, for example. Please ensure you can commit to this role, as reliability for the students you will be supporting is a key factor. They require stability and need support in accessing activities to allow them to achieve their full potential.
The salary for this post will be paid in accordance with teacher pay and conditions.
- School is vibrant, multi-cultural centres of learning
- Children achieve highly
- Children are happy and love actively learning
- Children leave with the resilience and motivation to continue their successful learning
- Community are proud of our schools and excited by what we can achieve together
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
- Highly invested in training staff
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Continuous professional and personal development
- The school is in Waltham Forest, East London, East London and has excellent transport links with the District line, Hammersmith and City lines, Overground trains as well as the C2C. The school also has a car park for those teachers that prefer to drive.
If you are passionate about special education and you believe that you have the energy and the drive to work with students with SEND, then please apply right away! mainstream or special schools.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an Secondary Special Needs Teacher in Waltham Forest, East London. Or for more information about the role, contact Ilkan Pasa on [0207 845 5450.option3] or [email@example.com]
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.