Are you a SEN teacher with QTS, interested in making the ordinary possible for children and young people with Autism?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for a qualified Primary Teacher to work at an Ofsted 'Outstanding' special school in Camden, who are actively looking for a SEN Teacher to start with them in September 2021. The role is full time and long term, for the full academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school has been rated Ofsted Outstanding, providing support and education to pupils aged 4-14 with a diagnosis of Autism and moderate learning difficulties. This special school provides a very specialist environment with small classes (7-10 pupils) and specially trained staff including on-site speech and occupational therapists. Each child has an Educational Health and Care Plan and therefore pupil interventions are carefully planned to ensure every pupil makes the best possible rate of progress. As the class teacher, you will be working closely alongside the therapy team (Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists) to plan pupil interventions.
You will be teaching KS1/KS2 students, all diagnosed with Autism and moderate learning difficulties. Some students will be non-verbal or pre-verbal so communication using PECS/MAKATON is essential. You may be required to teach within their Verbal Behaviour classrooms which cater for learners who benefit from extra support with communication and behaviour for learning. Here, specialist teaching based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)/Verbal Behaviour is applied so it would be desirable to have knowledge of this.
The school are ideally looking for a qualified teacher with experience teaching in UK schools, strong behavioural management and a good command of written and spoken English and literacy skills. You must have SEN experience and experience of teaching children diagnosed with Autism.
Located in Camden, North-West London, the school is accessible via the Overground, the Jubilee Line and is on several popular bus routes.
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience planning and teaching lessons to primary aged students following the National Curriculum.
- Experience with SEN - ideally Autism and moderate learning needs.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counsellors and therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teacher in Camden, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.