Tradewind are recruiting! Are you an experienced teacher seeking a new and exciting opportunity for September 2021?
Tradewind are currently recruiting for an outstanding SEN Teacher to work at an Ofsted 'Outstanding' special school in Harrow, who are actively looking for a SEN Teacher to start with them in September 2021. The role is full time and long term, for the full academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate. It is not essential to have worked in a special needs setting previously, you just need to have the passion to work with children and a drive for career development.
You will be teaching pupils who have been diagnosed with Severe or Profound Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Complex Needs. It is a small school, with just over 100 pupils where class sizes are small, of up to 5 pupils, with a high staff to pupil ratio so you will have lots of support from the Teaching Assistants within the school. All students have an EHCP tailored to their severe and complex needs. Teaching Assistants will be supporting within the class to help students engage in lessons and to manage any behavioural issues to ensure lessons run smoothly and students make progress.
The school are ideally looking for a qualified teacher with experience teaching in UK schools, strong behavioural management and a good command of written and spoken English and literacy skills. You must have be able to differentiate your lessons and have experience of teaching children of different abilities.
This outstanding school in Harrow is an inclusive community which benefits from modern purpose built teaching areas and excellent resources. They pride themselves on their opportunities of career development and encourage NQTs or teachers looking to develop their careers to apply.
Located in Harrow, this school has transport links to Jubilee Line, Northern Line and several popular bus routes. There is also parking available on-site for those who prefer to drive.
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counsellors and therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience planning and teaching lessons to primary aged students following the National Curriculum.
- Experience with SEN - ideally Autism and complex needs.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teacher in Harrow, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on 0207 845 5450 option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.