If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dynamic team at a special needs school situated in Tower Hamlets. Our school serves a diverse community of 470 students and offers comprehensive ASD provision. In this challenging and ever-changing environment, no two classes are the same, making resilience and experience in autism education a must. We are seeking a teacher who can confidently lead and support students with varying behavioural needs in a highly active and sometimes chaotic setting.
- Deliver secondary education to students with ASD, adapting teaching methods to meet individual needs and challenges.
- Manage and lead a class of up to 10 students with the support of 5 Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Create and maintain a calm and confident learning environment in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic setting.
- Develop and implement innovative teaching strategies to engage students and promote their learning.
- Consistently monitor and assess student progress, adapting your approach as needed.
- Collaborate with a young and enthusiastic staff group, fostering a positive and cooperative working environment.
- Ensure effective communication with students, parents, and other professionals involved in the students' education.
- Contribute to fundamental planning, curriculum development, and report writing for your class.
- Qualified teacher status (QTS) or equivalent.
- Proven experience working with students on the autism spectrum.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Experience in managing challenging behaviours and leading a team of Teaching Assistants.
- An innovative and adaptable approach to teaching, tailored to the unique needs of each student.
- Confidence in active and occasionally chaotic classroom environments.
- A commitment to the development and well-being of students with special needs.
Why Join Us:
- A supportive and inclusive school environment.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth.
- The chance to make a real impact in the lives of students with ASD.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are a dedicated and passionate secondary teacher with a strong background in working with students on the autism spectrum, we encourage you to apply for this position. To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are a strong fit for this role. We look forward to welcoming a new member to our team who shares our commitment to providing quality education and support to students with special needs.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.