Are you a caring, patient and empathetic SEN teacher?
Do you think all young people should have the chance to continually learn and develop no matter their needs and ability?
Tradewind are recruiting for a SEN Teacher to start ASAP on a full time and long term basis at an Ofsted rated outstanding secondary special needs school in Trafford!
This is an SEN Teacher role for someone with significant experience teaching young people with Complex or Profound Needs (PMLD). The role could turn permanent for the right person. Pay up to £145/day.
You will be required to plan and deliver lessons, monitor progress, write reports and differentiate your work to the individual needs of each pupil. You will need to work closely with your TA's and school management as well as outside agencies. Due to the levels of the pupils you will need lots of strategies & lessons in your tool box to promote engagement and progress on a sensory, communication, social, behavioural and academic basis. Ideally you will have QTS however candidates will be considered with alternative teaching qualifications and experience of teaching P-scales and the EYFS.
The school is a large special school in the Trafford area that caters for young people with low functioning autism, Complex Needs and PMLD. Pupils are aged 11-25. Each class has no more than 8 young people however they could be at varying ages and levels. The school is rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted and they have high expectations of what their pupils can achieve and what their SEN Teacher staff deliver. Staff are supported throughout and given time to prepare and learn while also offering plenty of training and development opportunities. They are a caring and nurturing environment with a real team atmosphere where everyone mucks in and supports one another and has the best interests of the children at heart.
Young people have a range of Complex Needs, SLD, PMLD and Autism. Many of the pupils require personal care and moving and handling. Although TA's mostly do this, as a SEN teacher you may be required to support in this area from time to time. Many of the pupils have speech and language communication difficulties and sensory needs so as a teacher you will need strategies and methods in place to help with this from a learning perspective. Pupils are group by level with a wide range from P-Scales, EYFS and some accessing foundation elements of the national curriculum. The aim is to provide functional skills in all subject areas while also focusing on well-being, personal development and transition needs of young people that are moving in to adulthood.
If this sounds like a role for you read on and get in touch using the contact info below!
By registering with Tradewind Manchester, you will benefit from:
- An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
- Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 674 0138, or email email@example.com
To join us and be successful in this SEMH Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit about Tradewind...
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.