SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you have the skills and dedication to support children with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Down Syndrome, and Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) challenges? If so, we invite you to join our team at a vibrant SEN School in Ashford, Kent.
Our SEN School is a welcoming and inclusive learning environment committed to providing high-quality education to students with special educational needs. We pride ourselves on fostering a supportive and nurturing atmosphere where every child can thrive and reach their full potential.
As a full-time SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting students in both primary and secondary education who have a range of complex needs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-on-one and group support to students with MLD, SLD, ASD, Down Syndrome, and SEMH challenges.
- Assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and adapting activities to meet the individual needs of students.
- Collaborating with teachers, therapists, and other professionals to create a holistic and inclusive learning environment.
- Promoting positive behaviour and emotional well-being among students.
- Participating in team meetings and contributing to the development of tailored strategies for student success.
- Experience working with students with special educational needs, particularly in MLD, SLD, ASD, Down Syndrome, and SEMH.
- Relevant qualifications or willingness to undertake training in Special Education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting the learning and development of children with diverse needs.
How to Apply:
To apply for the High-Level Teaching Assistant position, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and your motivation for applying.
Note: The school name is intentionally omitted from this advertisement.
Join us in creating a nurturing and inclusive learning environment where every student has the opportunity to thrive. Your dedication and passion can make a real difference!
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.