SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for an experienced MLD or ASC teaching assistant to work with moderate learning difficulties (MLD) or autism (ASC). The school has received an Ofsted Outstanding rating. The role starts in September 2020 and would be for the full academic year at a daily rate between £70 and £90 per day.
The school are looking to appoint up to 4 TAs due to an expansion class and the need to operate in bubble classes during the current covid-19 crises.
It is a highly regarded SEN school in Barnet that works with a wide variety of SEN pupils are looking for an MLD or ASC specialist to work with their moderate learning difficulty pupils who also have additional complex learning needs that could include SEMH. The school is a modern purpose-built facility and playgrounds equipped with a therapy pool, fantastic playgrounds and sensory rooms.
The pupils are warm and engaging and respond well to big personalities and enjoy learning through play. The school has a family focus that connects parents and school staff together in a nurturing environment.
- Experience working with MLD or ASC pupils is preferred but not essential
- KS1 experience is required
- Personal care may be necessary
- SEN school experience is required
- Staff will need to be able to think on their feet and work with energetic challenging pupils.
- PECS and Makaton experience is desired.
You will be working as a support staff member in a team of three who will work throughout the school providing additional support to those classes who need it most throughout the day.
Located in Barnet the school has local bus and tube links however if you are a car driver it is much easier to drive and the school and they have ample parking
Work at a superb SEN school who have a fantastic reputation in the local area and have received Ofsted Outstanding for the past 3 Ofsted inspections.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
· We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
· We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
· Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
· Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
· Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
· Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
· Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this SEN TA - MLD or ASC specialist role you will need to:
· This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
· Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
· You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.