SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
At Tradewind, we are currently working in partnership with a Special School in Barnet who cater for students with complex special educational needs including MLD (moderate), SLD (severe) or PMLD (profound and multiple) learning difficulties and Autism. The school heavily invests in their people, providing excellent training programmes and personal development plans to get the very best from them. Tradewind, are also always there to support you. At Tradewind, we run over 40 CPD sessions that are held weekly and we will support you throughout the whole time of your placement.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. Within Special Schools, that not only cater for students with disabilities but also cater for students who have social, emotional and mental health needs, can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. When working in a specialist environment, it is never 'just a job'.
We are currently recruiting for a kind, passionate and honest Teaching and Behaviour Support Worker to join a school in Barnet.
What does a Teaching and Behaviour Support Worker do?
As a Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the children you support, to have a more comfortable and happy learning environment.
This could include;
· Supporting people to live independently - paying bills, money management, going shopping
· Excellent communication skills/relationship building - supporting the person to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people's lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
Great working hours - school hours
A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
Highly competitive annual salary
Continuous professional and personal development
The school is in Barnet, North-West London and has excellent transport links via the Northern Line, Thameslink and several popular bus routes. There is also parking available nearby for those preferring to drive.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
· We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
· We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
· Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
· Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
· Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
· Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
· Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as an Teaching and Behaviour Support Worker in Barnet, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on [0207 845 5450.option3] or [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.