SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment is working with primary school in Barnet which is seeking a special needs assistant to join the team as soon as possible.
The role will continue until July 2021. This is a full-time role and the salary will be £75-80 per day, depending on experience
- Large primary school with great facilities and a brilliant senior leadership team
- On-street parking but they are also well served by public transport and a 20 minute walk from the nearest Northern Line station
- They are seeking a SEN TA to work 1:1 with a girl in the school Nursery, who has Downs Syndrome with Autism.
- She has a calm nature and no challenging behaviour and she communicates well with the team and her peers.
- There will be some personal care involved, which will mean supporting her with toileting, changing clothes but no particular medical needs.
- They are seeking someone with experience of working with children with additional needs and who has a caring, fun and perseverant approach.
Experience of working with children with special needs, in an early years/primary setting is essential for you to be considered for this role
Strong communication skills are also required as you will be working closely with the class teacher, SENCO, parents and on occasions, external specialists.
To join us and be successful in this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
- Have experience working with children with special needs in a primary school
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years of employment/education history included and employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
This is a great opportunity to become part of a strong team in a lovely school. For further information, please contact Stuart Edge on 020 7845 5450 or email email@example.com
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.