SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you a Teaching assistant or carer with experience of working with physical disabilities and complex learning difficulties? Tradewind recruitment is looking for confident and engaging Teaching assistants or support workers to work as Teaching Assistants in our local schools in Bath when the schools reopen. Our client schools cater for Primary and Secondary ages and most of the Special Educational needs settings are keen offer supply work to teaching assistant with physical disability experience once they open again.
· Usual working hours for the teaching assistant roles normally are between 0830-1530 and can be between Monday to Friday and it will involve working with pupils who have physical disabilities on a 1:1 or in class basis. You will get to choose which days you can work and we can offer you flexible work that you can manage with your coaching commitments. You will be able to change your availability from week to week.
This type of work will offer you experience as a teaching assistant in special needs schools once they re-open in your local area, where you will be able to use your skills in PMLD in an educational setting. You will also get to meet lots of schools in your local area where you will build rapport and good relationships which could also potentially become permanent or contract.
This role must be suitable for you if:
- You have knowledge of Manual handling, use of HOIST
- Have experience of working with mobility aids
- Have experience of working with both verbal and pre-verbal students.
The schools we work are within commutable distances from postcodes in Mid Somer norton Warmley, Trowbridge, Kingswood, Emersons Green and Winterbourne.
· * Have experience of working with children and/or young adults in a sports capacity.
We are still working our usual working hours and happy to chat to you about this role and others and help you find additional work once schools re-open.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.