SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind is currently seeking a dedicated and qualified Teaching Assistant to join an outstanding secondary school in Birmingham, near the Bartley Green area. This full-time position will initially be on supply through Tradewind, with the potential for a long-term role. The successful candidate will primarily focus on supporting SEN students through one-on-one assistance, small group sessions, and intervention.
Ideally, the candidate will hold a Level 3 NVQ qualification or possess recent experience in a similar role within a UK secondary school setting. Tradewind is looking for just one Teaching Assistant for this opportunity, starting from September.
As an SEND Teaching Assistant, you will work within a mainstream secondary school setting, supporting students aged 11-16. The role involves providing one-on-one and group assistance, particularly to pupils with special educational needs. Teaching Assistants with Level 2, 3, or 4 qualifications are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant position, you should meet the following criteria:
- Display a genuine desire to join a committed team of SEND staff.
- Possess a passion for supporting children with mild learning difficulties.
- Have prior experience working with children with special educational needs.
- Demonstrate commitment and professionalism in your work.
- Exhibit strong organisational skills, enthusiasm, and a proactive attitude.
- Hold an up-to-date child workforce enhanced DBS certificate (or be willing to apply for one, with costs refunded after completing 20 days of work).
- Provide satisfactory references.
- Submit a comprehensive CV covering the last ten years of employment history, with explanations for any gaps in employment.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity as an SEND Teaching Assistant in South Birmingham or would like more information, please contact Claire at 0121 643 3505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.