SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you a SEN TA with BESD experience and looking to work within Special needs at a PRU setting?
Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for a SEN experienced Teaching Assistant to support KS3 students starting asap. The role is full-time and working hours are between 0830-1530 Monday-Friday. This BESD school in Bristol requires the right candidate to support their learners with KS3 curriculum and aid them in their emotional and academic development through encouragement, positive behaviour management, and by creating engaging lessons. This is a long-term role of one academic year for the right candidate with the potential of continuing next academic Year.
School is within easy reach of public transport around South Bristol and South Glos and would be easily reachable through buses and trains from most areas in Bristol such as Keynsham, Longwell Green, Knowle, Whitchurch and BS14 postcodes.
- A strong understanding of students with behavioural difficulties
- Ability to support the student both academically and emotionally in a calm manner, adhere to safeguarding and behavioural policies at all times, and show adherence to professional boundaries.
- A collaborative and driven individual who will be able to take directions from the SENCO and other Education professionals within the school.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour and de-escalate appropriately.
Role involves supporting the learners within the classroom and sometimes in a group setting inside and outside the classroom. It also involves guiding the student emotionally and behaviorally at times of stress and helping them to overcome their barriers to social interaction and emotional recognition. The class sizes are small (4-6) and there is great support given in regards to behaviour management.
Location: Bristol/South Glos
In return, you will have the advantage of working for a reputable mid-sized BESD school where there is lots of support from the SLT and very experienced learning support and SEN team.
You will gain great amount of knowledge about supporting KS3 aged students with behavioural challenges and reporting on behavioural changes as well as learning.
You will be considered for career development opportunities
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
Have experience of working with young people with behavioural and social and emotional difficulties.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position Or for more information about the role, contact Ross Churn on 01173017578/ firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.