SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
Tradewind Recruitment are now working with an independent special school in Camden, North-West London, who are now looking for SEN Teaching Assistants to start ASAP. The schools Teaching Assistants are Teaching and Behaviour Support Staff. The role combines teaching and learning with a behavioural approach.
The school in Camden, North-West London are looking for creative and talented Teaching and Behaviour Support staff to make a positive difference to their learner's lives. The school heavily invests in their people, providing excellent training programmes and personal development plans to get the very best from them. The school has been rated Ofsted Good with Outstanding elements, providing support and education to up to 21 pupils aged 5-14. They have high aspirations for the pupils and learners. The goal for all their pupils and learners is that when they leave their settings, they will have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be working within small classes of either KS1, KS2 or KS3 students supporting those with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) and other SEN. This school in Camden are looking for a nurturing, resilient and determined individual who is passionate about providing opportunities for these children.
- Your role as a Teaching and Behaviour Support Assistant will be:
- Provide day to day support, delivering 1:1, paired and small group teaching, and learner sessions
- Supervise and support community-based learning and educational visits
- Help to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
- Working with key pupils to help develop their personal plans and aspirations
- Supporting pupils to develop crucial life skills to help them thrive.
- You will be well organised, have good planning skills, have experience of working with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Above all, you will also need the physical and emotional resilience to work with young people who often present behaviours that challenge.
- Experience of PECS, SCERTS, Phonics, TEACHH curriculum will be helpful to support students throughout the day
- Benefits of working at the school:
- A vibrant team of experts, Speech & Language Therapists, Behaviour Analysts, Occupational Therapists and Specialist Teachers
- Highly invested in training staff
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Continuous professional and personal development
- The school is in Camden, North-West London and has excellent transport links via the Northern Line, Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line and the Overground.
The benefits of working with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Camden, North-West London. Or for more information about the role, contact Alisha Sparks on [02078455450.option3] or [email@example.com]
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.