SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant, Darwen
Are you an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant?
Tradewind are working with a Primary School in Darwen who are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to join their team full-time within their SEN Unit. The role is a long term temporary role starting 19th April 2021 and will run until July 2021, with the potential to be extended.
The school are looking for someone who has previous experience in a PMLD environment or have worked extensively with learners with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), some with associated complex needs, ASD (Autism) and challenging behaviours. You will be supporting children through Reception - Year 6 with varying levels of PMLD or SEN. Training will be provided to any successful candidates. This school offers an inspirational environment where creative learning is encouraged, and an innovative attitude is a must.
This 1-form entry Church of England Primary School prides itself on the exceptional behaviour of the children and is passionate about providing children with the skills and enthusiasm for Secondary School. They provide a safe, happy, and well-disciplined learning environment and have a supportive SLT. The school make a positive contribution to life within the local community. This Primary school caters for approx. 240 pupils across ages 4-11 and has a very nurturing environment.
We are looking for:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant or equivalent
- Experience working with PMLD and/or SEN
- Excellent communication and behaviour management techniques
- Be confident in dealing with complex needs including personal care
- Excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 30 to be exact!
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you are fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support does not stop once we have secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a SEN Teaching Assistant in Darwen or for more information about the role, contact Chrissie on 01772 977333 or email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we are committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay; however, we will happily accrue this upon request)
- Freer CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we are proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
£65.00 - £75.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
£65.00 - £80.00 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
£63.51 - £73.51 per day + Over 30 Free Accredited CPD Courses
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.