SEN Teaching Assistant
SEN Teaching Assistant
The class has one other Teaching Assistant who is an assigned adult to one SEN pupil. You as a Teaching Assistant will be required to support the class teacher, set up the classroom in the morning and tidying up at the end of the day. As Teaching Assistant to 25 pupils, you will be required to lead small groups of phonics interventions as well as guided reading.
The role will involve
- Supporting the learning within a year 2 class.
- Work alongside the KS1 team to plan and prepare engaging, fun sessions for small groups of learners that need additional support
- Good Maths and English skills
The teaching assistant roles are full time, 5 days' week and will be due to start in March 2021 to continue for the full academic year, with the view to extending into the following Academic Year.
To be considered for the Year 2 Teaching Assistant in Hammersmith
- Have previous experience working in a primary school setting.
- Be a team player - this role requires someone who works well with teachers, pupils and parents.
- Demonstrate commitment, dedication and resilience in your previous childcare work.
- have an ability to manage sometimes challenging behaviour.
- Ideally you will be local to Hammersmith.
Hammersmith, which is served by the Piccadilly, District and Hammersmith and City Lines.
The school benefits
- The potential to eventually undertake your teacher training in partnership with the school
- Career progression for the right candidate
- A vibrant and creative area of London
- In house school CPD training
- £75- £85.00 per day
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 40 to be exact! That's 25 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a referral fee
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply' to be considered for this great position as a Teaching Assistant in Hammersmith and Fulham, Inner London. Or for more information about the role, contact Adam Bamford on 0207 845 5450 option 1 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
in a row!
We are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, for the 4th year running!
We're proud to be a small part in the biggest challenge, educating the next generation.